Are Kids Secure in Today’s Digital Age?
Parents and kids have two different opinions on digital safety. According to kids in today’s generation, smartphones are far more secure than the thugs on the streets. However, parents have an entirely different outlook and Parenting in the age of digital technology.
The reason behind using best parental control software to secure kids in the digital world is easy to guess- the threat on online platforms impact kids emotionally and physically, and may have monetary impacts in some cases.
Even after several counseling sessions, kids repeat the same mistake of befriending strangers, joining social media networks, participate in adult contents, and indulge in violent & destructive gaming apps.
This alarming situation has forced parents to search for solutions to restrict usage of gadgets. So, instead of going cold turkey on your kid’s, let’s find out how can you protect them from digital threats.
Why Do We Need the Best Parental Control Software?
The free parental control app is your cold weapon when used, can limit digital exposure of kids. But why do we need to use it? So, here is a list of genuine reasons why these apps have gained a reputable name in the world:
- To prevent the risk of getting cyberbullied.
- Reduce exposure to explicit content that impacts kids’ brain at a young age.
- Protect kids from health hazards caused by extended use of digital gadgets.
- Limit psychological stress on kids. Apps like Facebook or Instagram leave kids feeling low and depressed. And most importantly, hurts their confidence level.
- Prevent exposure to cyber attackers, to protect virus or malware attacks.
How Can You Safeguard Kids in The Digital Age?
So here are some cool tips that can assist you in protecting kids from digital perils:
- Talk Talk and Talk – As parents, you are required to be informed and educated about kid’s/teen’s behavior at all times and the latest trends making rounds. Once you completed the homework, figure out smart ways to speak to your kids about risks in the digital space and their possible solutions.
- Incentivize Media Time– Make media time valuable for kids by extending the time when your kid accomplishes a task in time. For example, if your kid cleans the bedroom or finishes all the veggies in dinner, extend their screen time by a small margin.
- Push Hobbies Over Technology- Sports, reading, art, plantation, etc. are far more interesting than digital gadgets. Involve your kids in community service or push them into summer camps.
- Family Time – Make plans for holidays twice a year. Ask your kids to plan for trips (camping and hiking is the best way to entertain kids),ask them to jot down requirements, seek their help in packing, preparing sandwiches, etc. Let kids participate in household work like repairing the garage door, washing the car, sweeping the floor, cooking dinner, washing utensils, and more.
- Implement parental controls – Any kid’s protection software is the master of all other solutions, as it works in the background. While your kids are enjoining a holiday, remove access to their browsers, or disable their screen temporarily. This will not only help them in engaging with the family but allow them to capture real moments of bliss on the trip. Same way, block apps, suspend callers, check location, etc. only by the click of a button.
No matter how old your kids are, they will make innocent mistakes while accessing online contents.
In the presence of parents, it is imperative that kids do not fall in any unknown traps and work online smoothly. Therefore, be wise and raise your kids with the support of the best parental control software.